Skip to main content

Informal Phone Call

Hi there, In this article, I'm going to introduce you with few phrases which are useful to make a phone call or to make an informal phone call. Once you are talking over the phone with your friend, with your family member or with someone who you don't know. So means where there you need not to wear a manner in your tone over the phone Alright! So here I serve you few beautiful phrases to speak once it's not about the formal phone call. It's about the informal phone call. Alright!

So I'm calling you my call is on and someone picked up the call and say  'Hi, its Mohiakshi here.' Alright! What I Have mentioned I greeted someone. I informed about me to someone. So I said Hi it's Mohiakshi here

Next, I'm asking for that person. 'Is James there.' Alright! I'm asking for the person whom I want to speak with. So Is James there

Alright! someone called me and I pick up the phone. And I am asking to the person 'Who is it?' He said 'Hello'. So my next question is Who is it? Alright! (कौन बोल रहा है? That we speak in Hindi or we ask in Hindi) So if I am asking कौन बोल रहा है That is who is it 

Next, Whom you want to talk with? Suppose someone has called at my home or at my place. And I picked up the phone and he said, 'Hello'. For a moment that person is paused from his voice. So I'm asking Whom you want to talk with Or Whom you want to speak with. (आपको किससे बात करनी है या आप किससे बात करना चाहते है। Very common phrases in Hindi) So the right English phrases is Whom you want to speak with Or Whom you want to talk with

Now, I just wanted to talk with James The person inform me whom he is looking for over the phone. So I just wanted to talk with James. I got the information.

Now, Someone has called me I picked up the call I'm very happy that the person call me. And that described or blotted with the phrase that is 'Hey after a long time .'(काफी दिनों बाद फोन किया आपने That is what in Hindi we say) So, After a long time. It is the matter of happiness. 

Good To Hear You. I'm happy that you called. And I'm really happy to listen you. (आपको सुनकर बहुत अच्छा लगा In Hindi what we denote.) That is Good to hear you

Next is, 'What's Going On.' I'm just asking. Just for making a formal kind of conversation that what's going on. (क्या चल रहा है। In Hindi) So That's what's Going On Or we say, 'What's Up' that is very much in nowadays in an informal manner. So What's Going On

Next one is 'Just A Minute' or 'Hang On' These two phrases are put in when you need to keep the person on the other side on hold or on wait. So what he is saying Hey Just a minute. Alright! At a glance, you just speaking the sentence Just a minute Or Hang on. It means you are making the person on wait 

Next one is if someone has called me and asked for James. Who is not at here right now. So how I'm speaking this, 'James is not here right now' (जेम्स अभी घर पर नहीं है।) 

Next One, If the sound of the person who has called me Or whom I'm talking with is not clear so how I'm informing that person is: Sorry I can't catch your voice, go loud. Alright! Or sorry I can't hear you, go loud Or sorry I can't catch your voice, speak clear. So this is also a beautiful informal manner you can speak on the phone.

Next, I will ask him to call you Once he is back. When James is not here and the person from the other side is asking you for the James. So what I'm saying he is not here right now I will ask him to call you back once he is back Alright! (Means मैं जेम्स को इन्फॉर्म कर दूंगी की वो आपको कॉल कर ले एक बार जब वो वापिस आ जायेगा।)  So this is what the construction means.

Now, when you are ending your phone call. when the whole conversation is gone. I don't say that only this much conversation we are going to make over the phone call (Which we have discussed in this article). If it is informal so you have a huge thing to speak. But once we end the phone call then you can say, 'Keep On Calling'  (This is something we say के आप फ़ोन करते रहना।) That is keep on calling Or 'Hey It was fun talking to you.' I really love talking to you' Or 'It was great to listen your voice and it was fun talking to you.'  That's why you are ending the phone call by saying the sentence.

Next, 'Call some other time' Or 'Do call some other time'. It means you are asking that person to call again you. So call some other time

Next is, 'Would love to talk to you again' Or I would like to talk to you again because this time also I feel so happy that I talked to you or you called me. So would love to talk you again.

As simple end the note that is, 'Bye'. This is also informal. Never use this work in a formal phone call. This is something you are using it Informal phone call. 


So these are the beautiful phrases that you can use at your every phone call. Because whole day you speak with a lot of people in an informal manner. You see lot of Informal calls. So I just hope and wish that you are going to create your good impression. So go and do it. Happy Talking!😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Phrases

Hi Friends, In this article, we will learn introducing yourself or introducing ourself Or introducing another person along with you. When we meet with someone at the very first time. What we do? We start our conversation by introducing ourselves. That is a very beginning sentence of your conversation. So if you are very much clear with the first sentence of your conversation, this may lead to you a very fluent communication. And this may show that you are confident with your context when you are speaking. And if you are not so this may lead to an unconfident person and unsure person. So there are few particular phrases in English that is considered to introduce yourself and to introduced others. Let have a look and practice. Alright! When meet with someone so we introduce ourself Or you introduce yourself.  Introducing Yourself   ' Hi/Hello ' - ' Let Me Introduce Myself ' The very regular first initial Sentences: " Hi I am Minakshi " Or " Hello m

Improve Your Telephonic Etiquette

Hi, Every day we make so many phone calls or we receive a lot of calls and we talk over it. The conversation goes on and we are okay with that. So we find it very easy. Because once it comes to your personal relation you know very well that how to deal with it. What kind of relation you are carrying and what kind of conversation we have to make with them. So it is very easy for you. But when it is about making a phone call. When it is about maintaining a formal relationship over the phone so I think it seems a bit difficult. For you maybe not because you must have not mention it earlier that what point should you carry in your mind once you talking over the phone in a formal manner. So here I have put some points that is meant to be keep in an important segment when we talk over the phone without formal etiquette. So we will go and have a look about it . Starting Well Is Half The Challenge First one is ' Starting well is half the challenge. ' Once there is a phone call and

Difference Between Speak Talk & Tell

Hi there! In English language, there are some words that carry the same meaning. Almost the same meaning. But create a great confusion that where should we use them in conversation. So today I have picked the word Talk, Speak and Tell. All three words carry almost the same meaning. They are very much near with one another in their meaning. But sometimes they are used at a different places when we make a communication. Suppose if I am telling you. 'I need to talk to you' Or ' I need to speak to you.' So both are correct. We can use 'talk' at the place of 'speak' and the word 'speak' at the place of 'talk' also. It does not create a huge difference. Almost they are same. But if few sentences actually they are different in few senses somewhere. They deliver the different messages that we need to understand how, where and when exactly. 'Talk' is considered a less formal word. For an example by saying a less formal word, 'I am